If your general questions are not answered here please
- Who are your services for?
- Windamere’s services are designed for people living with intellectual disabilities or acquired brain injury of any needs level.
Due to the nature of the property, participants must have unaided mobility.
- What services does Windamere offer?
- We offer a range of services from planned Day Options, Single Day Excursions, Overnight Stays and our unique Camp Windamere facility.
- Where is Windamere?
- Windamere is a 300-acre semi-rural farm property about 30 minutes’ drive north of Adelaide at Buckland Park.
- Are all of your activities held at Windamere?
- All of our services are based and commence at Windamere, but as a part of our services we provide extensive community access opportunities to help further develop social, leisure and life skills, including transport training and map reading and visits to museums, cinemas and shopping centres.
- Who runs your services?
- We have a team of more than 24 fully qualified staff, each with significant experience working with people with intellectual disabilities. Some are teachers whilst others are similarly skilled in catering for our intellectually disabled participants. All hold DCSI screening clearance and up-to-date First Aid Certificates.
- What activities are offered within your services?
- We offer a wide variety of activities, some being educational with set-goals, whilst others are aimed at providing worthwhile activities and experiences.
Many activities take place outdoors, spread across Windamere’s 300 acres, others take place within the various buildings on the property.
You can read our list of activities on our Skills Training page accessed via the menu item 'What we do'.
- Do you welcome schools and groups?
- At Windamere we welcome individuals, as well as bookings from schools and other groups. Our services are fully adaptable to groups of all sizes.
- How do your services help people with intellectual disabilities?
- Windamere’s primary objective is to help and support people with intellectual disabilities and acquired brain injury to achieve their life goals. We present unique learning activities to help participants achieve greater independence and self-awareness, and support them to better integrate into the community.
All services are assessed with reports provided to stakeholders after each term of activities.
- Do you provide emergency support accommodation?
- Our Overnight Stays option, in our purpose-built house The Sheralee, is designed for people needing accommodation in times of need or transition accommodation.
- Can I visit Windamere for one day?
- We welcome individuals or groups who wish to visit for a single day excursion. Visitors will participate in many of the activities offered with our Skills Training activities.
You can read our list of activities on our Day Options page accessed via the menu item 'What we do'.
- Is Windamere aligned to the NDIS?
- Windamere is proud to be on the preferred provider panel for the NDIS. For more information about the NDIS, see our information section labelled 'NDIS' in the menu.
- How much do your services cost?
- Our prices fall within the rates set down by the NDIS for the services we provide, and vary depending on the service. Our team can give you specific rates that are relevant to your requirements.
- Do you provide transport to Windamere?
- All participants are transported to and from Windamere via our fleet of mini buses. Please check availability with our team.
- How do I book one of your services?
- You can book one of Windamere’s services by contacting our team – we offer services 48 weeks of the year, including throughout school holidays.
See 'Contact Us' in the menu for further details.